Anele Mdoda takes 2014 Nickelodeon award for Favourite South African Radio Personality

Anele Mdoda’s gift of the gab has paid off nicely for her, and now she’s clinched the 2014 Nickelodeon award for Favourite South African Radio Personality in the African awards category.

Image: citypress

A surprised Anele said she heard the news while at Sun City. She was one of five judges at the Miss SA event held this past weekend.

“My boss told me on the phone, but he first spoke about everything else, so I didn’t suspect he was calling for that. So I screamed – I was in my room at the Palace in Sun City and I started jumping on the bed – so if the bed in room 843 at the Palace is broken, it was nothing kinky I swear,” she jokes.

Anele says she never dreamed of getting international recognition for her work. Because radio is such a local medium, she says having people appreciate her work from afar has been amazing. Anele does admit though, that she stopped wanting to win accolades for her work a while ago.

“Danny K’s dad, Gavin Koppel, once told me that the day you don’t care about awards is the day you will start winning. I stopped caring a good four years ago. Now I care more about making people smile in traffic after a long day at work.”

On what has gotten her this far, Anele says that being kind, authentic, engaging and wanting to learn has worked well for her.

Source: destinyconnect

CONVERSATION