Bonang leaves YFM

"Queen B" exclusively told Sunday World this week that she would be leaving the youth station that helped to build her entertainment profile.

"There is absolutely no bad blood between me and YFM. The station has been nothing but good to me, but I need to grow and reach higher, just like with all my new projects," said the Top Billing presenter.

Leaving was a calculated move, she admitted.



"South Africa's most successful radio DJs, such as Fresh, Oskido and Unathi, all started out at YFM, and I'm proud to be one of their success stories. But there comes a time when we have to grow and spread our wings and allow younger kids a chance to enjoy the same foundational opportunities."

The self-proclaimed "Queen of Everything" said she was ready for a more challenging task, such as talk radio or hosting a drive time music show. "My Tswana is also on point, so I can even do the African stations."

This week, the worker bee was announced as a new judge for the crowning of Miss South Africa at the end of the month - a gig she said came as "a complete shock".

Matheba, former Miss South Africa Amy Kleinhans and magazine editor Kojo Baffoe replace The Road to Miss SA judging panel of Anele Mdoda, Pnina Fenster and DJ Black Coffee, who had earlier recused himself to avoid conflict of interest after it emerged that one of the contestants was a relative of his.

"I was completely shocked when Sun International called me. and offered me the job, telling me that I was a perfect fit for their brand. You can't even measure my level of excitement right now," said Matheba, also the new brand ambassador for BIC Flexi Lady razors.

"I have never had any problems with juggling my various projects. This was always part of the plan. I honestly feel like my career is only really starting now. If you thought you knew enough about me by now, I'm about to prove I'm capable of so much more."

Source: sundayworld

CONVERSATION